1. What is the success rate of climbing Kilimanjaro?
According to a recent survey, the average Kilimanjaro Summit Success Rate is 66%. However, please note that all Kilimanjaro Routes boast different success rates. The Northern circuit has the highest success rate with 97%. But the most popular routes are the Lemosho Route and Machame Route with a 90% success rate each.
2. How hard is it to climb Kilimanjaro?
Although most days on Kilimanjaro are not overly difficult, the Summit night is known to be extremely hard. To be successful you need to show great endurance, adequate physical fitness and not to mention great mental stamina.
3. Can a beginner climb Mt. Kilimanjaro?
Yes, a beginner can also climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. You don’t need any proper training to Climb Mount Kilimanjaro. You just need to arrive in prime fitness and with great mental strength. Heed the advice of your Kilimanjaro Guide, stay hydrated, and follow all the norms to manage Altitude Sickness.
4. Can a child climb Mt. Kilimanjaro?
Yes, even a child can climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. Just recently a 7-year-old from Hyderabad, India has conquered the roof of Africa to become the youngest person to summit Kilimanjaro.
5. What is the temperature on top of Mount Kilimanjaro?
The nighttime temperatures at the summit, Uhuru Peak can range between 20 and -20 degrees Fahrenheit (-7 to -29 degrees Celsius). Due to such a high altitude of nearly 6000m, Mount Kilimanjaro creates its weather.
6. Do you need oxygen to climb Kilimanjaro?
Normally, you need supplementary oxygen at extreme altitudes of above 23,000 feet. But Mt. Kilimanjaro stands at an altitude of 19,340 feet. So, rest assured you won’t need supplementary oxygen for Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro.
7. Which is harder Kilimanjaro or Everest Base Camp?
Summit Night on Kilimanjaro is harder than the Everest Base Camp Trek. Mt. Kilimanjaro is harder on the body than the Everest Base Camp Trek. Kilimanjaro depicts big descents in a shorter time. Which makes it a more physically challenging trek.
8. What is the best month to go to Mt Kilimanjaro?
The best time to climb Kilimanjaro is during the warm and dry months of December to mid-March and mid-June to the end of October. However, these months are also the busiest.
9. How expensive is climbing Mount Kilimanjaro?
Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing can be an expensive venture. The average cost of climbing Mount Kilimanjaro can range somewhere from $2000 to $4000 with many variables.
10. How do you prevent Kilimanjaro altitude sickness?
These are some steps you can take to manage Kilimanjaro Altitude Sickness:
- Try to acclimatize before the climb. ...
- Try to be physically fit. ...
- Take it easy on the trail and in camp. ...
- Stay hydrated and take plenty of fluids. ...
- Don’t skip meals. ...
- Try to get as much sleep as you can. ...
- Relax and make merry.